Monday, December 5, 2011

Peace Holiday Tags Staring Donna Salazar Designs


PEACE TAGS featuring DONNA SALAZAR DESIGNS


Let there be peace on earth And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother In perfect harmony.
Let peace begin with me Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment And live each moment With peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth, And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother In perfect harmony.
Let peace begin with me Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment And live each moment In peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth And let it begin with me.
 
No matter your beliefs we all know the importance of peace, inner peace, peace with those around us and call me a hopeless optimist...world peace.
So today I share PEACE with you.

How I find
Peace

How can it be that a small piece of cardstock speaks so deeply to so many people to inspire them to create and release their souls on these small pieces of cardstock with a hole in the top meant for labeling something. I sometimes think the fact that it was meant to be a label is one of the reasons it is so appealing for me to take it and turn it into what is was never intended for..... anything but "a label".

I live in a small southwest Missouri town. Like in every community across this country there are so many labels that are put on a person to define who they are. Whether it is who or what they are at all. Many hide their true identity from those around afraid of ridicule or being label with a term that once again is something that they are not.
I love that I can release those inner feeling of my true self onto these mini pieces of art.
Someone looking at one of my tags might see the wings in the corner of the tag and think it has to do with the bird cage at the bottom and my hand written sentiment of "Fly ...Fly High" and think I am speaking of a bird when I am really talking of myself and my fears being locked away in a cage and my longing to release those fears and being able to fly free...of course not literally but release myself from the labels I feel that restrain me.
I am ME....just Me....a creator who would like to be a superhero, who love quotes because they touch my soul, who loves to create flowers simply because those flowers make me smile. I love the color red while most female around me love pink. I have travels to take, adventures to enjoy and some to endure but each will bring with it a life lesson that I hope my heart is open to listen to. That is why I release myself on paper. It is there that I can be me and able to open up my heart so all the lessons that life has to given me and I can not only break labels but shatter them from those around me and....myself as well. I want to live my life open and free and the tags I create one at a time allow me to open myself to the world. As people look at my different pieces of art I really want them to get a glimpse of me, maybe not the whole picture. There are the things that I will always keep deep in my heart that will come out in symbols in my art but with the words I write and the quotes I choose, the emotions that come out that they will KNOW with out a doubt that I am a true unique individual, that I choose not to be like the crowd.
That I choose to live life with an optimism that things are good. That I care for all things and work every day to find inner peace and to be less judgmental. And to those who have none I hope to try and bring some peace to their hearts.
My tag today is PEACE

You will clearly see that,  but above all I will share some of my soul today with you. This DOES not happen often. In the last couple of years there have been many changes in my life. We all have this happen. I was unhappy with this until I realized I needed to find peace. That with change things would be different but I had to find the peace in my new life and in everything  around me.
If we would all strive for an inner peace and I know that is a lot to ask, but this world would be a better place forever.

So I wish to those who's make the choice to be unkind to others I wish them peace.
To those have to battle health issues I wish them peace.
To those who are battling each other... at war with someone different than them because of their beliefs, where they live or because of the way they look, I wish them peace.

During this season of joy we can have HOPE, WISH AND BELIEVE in PEACE.



AND then it will truly be a Merry Christmas for all!


For My Tags I used:











There are 8 colors that you can buy in a pack or individually:
Pralines & Cream, Caramel Latte, Sea Breeze, Green Olive, Tea Party,
River Mossy, Wood Stain & Mixed Berries
and the 3 newest Holly Berry, Candle Light and Evergreen





I also used Want2Scrap: Bling and Chipboard Shapes
Paper Doily
Helmar 450 Quick Dry
Misc. Ribbon and Mini Alpha's

Thanks for joining me today.....and until next time....BE CREATIVE!

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

stunning tags, they are all beautiful!

Jeckab said...

Without a doubt, cockatiels are beautiful birds and make for wonderful bird cages in any home. The biggest issue with this kind of bird will be choosing the right type of cockatiel bird cage. Here are some tips on what to look for.