Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spellbinders Floral Repurposed Frame

I am super excited to be sharing  my second floral spring post  with you today. 
Our  theme is Spring floral.This is some thing I love. But what girl does not love flowers especially when you can use them as accents in your home.



Spellbinders™ Paper Arts Supplies:
Preferred Promotional Partners:
Cross Promotional Partners:
Other:
  • Sanding block, yard sale or thrift store frame,
I started out by cutting and embossing my flower and leaves from the SKU: LF-005 Grand Peony Creations. It is wonderful that you can cut so many dies at one time with the  Grand Calibur® Machine!


I layered them and adhered them together with Beacon Zip Dry and then embossed the layered flowers, the leaves and a piece of white cardstock with the  SKU: EL-005 Splendid M-Bossabilities folder.

 I then sanded the embossed areas on the die cuts and inked the edges and crinkled the flowers and then formed them back to give the shabby look that is so popular in paper crafts right now.

 I inked Classic Small Squares sm and inked and placed around the frame to have the old look of ceiling tiles.
 Finished Frame


and added layered flowers and Want2Scrap bling to finish it off. Perfect for your Spring decor.
Here is a variation I did using same flower technique to a wreath for the front door!




Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my project!

Until next time be creative!

Post Tags

2 comments:

Elise said...

Ye ol' blog is looking MARVELOUS, Karen! Love, love, LOVE/am completely mesmerized by your new blog header and the WHOLE look! How great to have SUCH a customized place to share your inspiration! Bravissima!

Elise said...

Duh. Got so caught up in your digital/photographic enhancements, forgot to mention HOW much I love this frame! So rick in Spellbinder's craftiness - yumm-o! I have
GOT to go make something, now! Yipeee!