Saturday, August 20, 2011

* Dance * Laugh * Love * Karen Taylor


Dance, Laugh and Love…three things that can lead to a happy marriage and make for a happy life…I enjoy those moments whether they are serious or us just being silly like inn this card I made for my husband Andy. Those are the moment I treasure…..live for.
ds aug tut01
I love that just like this card we can be a bit on the rough side but be perfect together.
ds aug tut 25
For my card I started with Zutter’s and one piece of thier 7X5 Corrugated Board
ds aug tut 2
I peeled the top
ds aug tut 4
and added some Clearsnap: Mixed Media Inx by Donna Salazar Designs in Chiffon
ds aug tut 5
and then inked the edges with the Mixed Media Inx in Leather.
ds aug tut 6
ds aug tut 7
I then “dressed” my Antiquities 6x6 square - Artistic Papers Collection by Donna Salazar with some Clearsnap Smooch Spritz in Sea Breeze and Colorbox Ink in Chocolate and Blueberry.
ds aug tut 8
I die cut some Rose Creation flowers using my Spellbinders Paper Arts Grand Calibur and sprayed with Clearsnaps Donna Salazar’s Smooch Spritz in Candle light and Evergreen.
ds aug tut 9
I distressed the edges using Zutter’s : Distrezz-it-All by Donna Salazar
ds aug tut 10
I stapled a piece of lace to the bottom of the paper.
ds aug tut 12
ds aug tut 13
I Smooch Spritz pom poms with Donna’s new Holly Berry…isn’t it wonderful!!
ds aug tut 14
Inked the edge of my photo with Clearsnap Mixed Media Inx by Donna Salazar Designs in Leather and added the Rose Creation Flower and leaves that I accented with Clearsnap Glue Gloss and .Pralines & Cream Fairy Dust Glitter. I glued the photo and added and Nestabling Labels Eleven Silver Rhinestones by Want 2 Scrap.
ds aug tut 15
I rolled some cut strips of the paper I pulled of the Zutter 7X5 Corrugated Board and adhered under the rose.
ds aug tut 16
I inked the bare chipboard with the Mixed Media Inx with the Leather and put the title on the card.
ds aug tut 17
ds aug tut 18
ds aug tut 19
Using the smallest of the Rose Creation flower I cut all but 2 petals and added a pom pom and formed a flower bud I added it to the curled cardboard forming a stem.
ds aug tut 20
I cut a piece of cardstock and inked the edges with the Mixed Media Inx with the Leather
ds aug tut 21
ds aug tut 22
and added the embellished corrugated cardboard to the top.
ds aug tut 23
I love this card and can not wait to give it to my dear Andy…to thank him for all the fun he has added to my life.
ds aug tut 24
I need to make one for Donna for all the fun she had added to my life with THESE products that make creating a JOY!! I truly love them ALL!
Products used for my DANCE LAUGH LOVE card:

GCD Studios: Antiquities 6x6 square - Artistic Papers Collection by Donna Salazar

Clearsnap:   Glue Gloss, Pralines & Cream Fairy Dust Glitter, Mix'd Media Inx: Leather, Chiffon and Denim, Smooch Spritz by Donna Salazar Designs: Holly Berries, Candle light, Evergreen and Sea Breeze, Colorbox Ink in Chocolate and Blueberry, and Stylus
Spellbinders Paper Arts: Grand Calibur and  Rose Creations 
Zutter : Distrezz-it-All by Donna Salazar and 7X5 Corrugated Board
Want 2 Scrap: Chipboard Embellishments - Pack of 5 - Style D and Nestabling Labels Eleven Silver Rhinestones
Bare Chipboard Letters: Thickers American Crafts
Cardstock: Bazzill
Misc: Lace, Pom Poms, Stapler and Staples and Coffee Filters
I hope you have a wonderful day…remember to take the time to DANCE * LAUGH and LOVE. Until next time….BE CREATIVE!
ds headshot

1 comment:

Diane Writes said...

Wow this is so beautiful Karen!