Monday, November 22, 2010

44 things about me at 44

This year has been a wonderful and enlightening time in my life.....I started my "mid-life" crisis....it has been positive. I discovered a mid-life crisis does not have to be negative...that wonderful things can happen as we grow discover more things about ourselves. I was feeling at times that I was so worried about being "like" everyone else that the real me did not make appearances. This year I have felt like "ME" in my own skin.......and I love it.

So I thought I would share 44 things on my 44th birthday. I am celebrating the wonderful years I have had and in another post this week I will be sharing 45 things I will be doing before I turn 45.....life is short, lets get out there and go for it.




Here you are 44 things about me:
1. I was born 11/22/66, I turned 11 in 1977, 22 in 1988, 33 in 1999


2. I lost 35 pounds this year.


3. I am a vegetarian.


4. I am a certified scuba diver.


5. I love Johnny Quest {well I had a crush on Race Banning}


6. I was raised by my grandmother and grandfather.


7. Biggest fear...getting bite by a dog.


8. I drink around 8, 16 oz glasses of water a day.


9. Forsythia is my favorite flower.


10. I have two sisters and no brothers.


11. I am married to my best friend.


12. I LOVE being a grandma.


13. I hate wearing shoes.


14. I love sock monkeys and sea monkeys!


15. I love to travel.


16. Love fried plantains


17. My favorite tv show is Big Brother.


18. I love to create.


19. I like to sew......it is not love because if my machine messes up I want to throw it!


20. I can not step on cracks.


21. If I come across a black cat I will turn around to know cross its path {my husband will do it also to humor me}.


22. I played Land Of the Lost all the time when I was young.


23. I hate drama.


24. I am loyal.


25. I am at a high in my creative life.


26. There are 6 clocks in my living room.


27. I do not drink soda.


28. I drive a scooter when the weather is nice.


29. I have a Yorkie, Sophie Marie and an American Eskimo named Elmo


30. I have a parrot name Max that hyperventilates if anyone looks at him!


31. I do not like to listen to music in the car.


32. I made my own prom dress.


33. My studio is usually clean....I can not stand to work in a mess!


34. I own power tools.


35. I can drive a stick shift.


36. I have owned two dirt bikes...one of which I never drove.


37. My favorite color is red.


38. I want to get my nose pierced.


39. I love naps.


40. I hate sparkling water.


41. I want a Mini Cooper.


42. I am a hippie at heart.


43. I LOVE quotes.


44. I have a list of things I want to do before I turn 45!




Before I go I want to share a peek at a project that Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker will be sharing a tutorial.




and I want to share this sneak peek at a Spellbinders Paper Arts, Basic Grey and Glue Dot project for a little later this week.

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey! NO WAY! We share the same birthday, Karen!! Except..........
hem........
I am one year older. ;)
LOVED reading these fun snippets about you. I just laughed out loud about Max.
And....
I want a Mini Cooper, too.