Monday, January 7, 2013

Vintage Mica Necklace

 
 
I remember when my Grandmother would bring out her piece of Mica rock and let me play with it. I would slowly peel away a piece and then would peel each little layer apart as well. So you can imagine the memories it brought back when I started designing this vintage necklace.
 
karentaylormicanecklace
 
I used a 1/8″ hole punch on the Mini Mica Tiles and sewed them into vintage tatted lace for this side of the necklace. Look at that Mica and the way it sets off and accents different parts of the necklace! A couple of vintage buttons and some loose pearls for this side and I’m ready to have fun with Small Mica Rings!
karentaylormicanecklace3-micatiles
 
For the Mica Rings, I also used a 1/8″ hole punch and used jump rings to dangle them from a bronze chain I got at a local craft store’s finding department. These rings are just perfect and I can already think of a bunch of different ways I’m going to use them. Because Mica is so light it’s just perfect for jewelry making.
 
karentaylormicanecklace2-micarings
Here’s a closeup of the middle of the necklace below. The Mini Mica Tiles look great and help bring the left and right side of the necklace together.
 
 
karentaylormicanecklace1
 
I would like to end this post with my New Year Wish for you....
 
 
New Year Wishes for you- Love, Joy,peace, happiness always
 
Until next time.....be Creative!
 
Karen
 

No comments: