Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Inky Antic's Guest Designer for the first month of 2012!!


 Brushed Calligraphy ............I'm so pleased to be the  Inky Guest Designer for January:

and their wonderful stamp store
 Although I  do make some cards, more often I creates altered art and 3D projects that show off my love of "all things vintage and old."

Want to see an example? One of the sets I used was 11014SC Brushed Calligraphy #3 Clear Set:


                                                Here's the  project I created with these stamps:


This is a tribute to my dear grandmother.

For instance, at first glance you might spot the butterflies that are beautifully layered and embellished with pearl and rhinestone bling: From Want2Scrap.

Speaking of layers, that's real sheet music...on the left, inked around the torn edges and on the right, passed through a paper crimper to add texture.

Did you notice the teal-colored vintage seam binding that was artfully arranged above the saying?  I also used it as the stem that forms the base of her glittered paper flowers:



 I asked I would describe my stamping style in five words or less, I would  said "Artist out of the box!"

 I just want to be free. NO boundaries, just to create with my heart...in doing that, I come up with different and fun ways to use stamps, nothing is off limits"

I want to reminding you: "Have fun. Remember, rules are meant to be broken...think outside of the box. This is where the next great techniques come from, but most of all, enjoy [the process]!

Besides the wonderful Stamp set for Inky Antic I used:

Want2Scrap: Chipboard Embellishments - Pack of 4- Style B , Beautiful Bling Strips - White Pearl/Silver Rhinestones - Pair, and  Swirls, Finesse - Black Rhinestones - 2 Pack - Self Adhesive

Clearsnap: Glue Gloss, Archival Dye Full Size Inkpad Wicked black and Fairy Dust Glitter by Donna Salazar

Paper: Antiquities: Donna Salazar for GCD Studios

Until next time...BE CREATIVE!


         "Some how I have to keep all the ideas from coming out at once".
        Karen Taylor

1 comment:

Denise Phillips said...

Love your picture and can totally relate!!! Sometimes I need a bucket for all the ideas to spill into! LOL xx