Friday, October 14, 2011

The Sisterhood–Karen Taylor

Good morning..Karen Taylor here today to with you a happy October to you.
I hope you are enjoying fall weather.
I know I am loving the cooler temperatures and the leaves changing color.


For my Want2Scrap™ project today I am celebrating sisterhood!

“A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” ~Marion C. Garretty

w2s1
I started my layout with Simple Stories Elementary collection and cut Spellbinders™ Paper Arts: Stars Nestabilities® die templates using Grand Calibur™ die cut machine. I cut my background paper to 11 1/2 x 11/1/2, inked the edges and stapled to a 12 x 12 piece of kraft paper.
w2s8

w2s3
I then glued the die cut star to Nestaboard™ Stars Five,
w2s4

Inked with ECO Green: Ink Walnut and embellished with Nestabling™ Star Five Silver and Bling: 72 Count - Silver Rhinestones - Self Adhesive and finished off the the layout with the layered and “blinged” stars.
w2s5
w2s6


In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips. ~Author Unknown
w2sa
She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child. ~Barbara Alpert
w2sb

For my project I used:
Cross Promotional Products Used:
Other:
Mini Alpha’s from: Webster Pages, My Little Shoebox and Mrs Grossman
Ink blending tool: Clearsnap
Staples and stapler

Thank you for joining me on this post celebrating the wonderful and complex world of sisterhood. If you have a sister or your best friend “is” your sister…..we must celebrate the joy they bring to our life…..................................most of the time ; )

DON'T FORGET!!



Keep up with all the latest and greatest on our facebook fan page...just hit like!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Want2Scrap/296262564246

Have a fantastic day and until next time……….Be Creative!

sig photo w2s blog

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James

1 comment:

Thornton Berry Shire Press said...

Wow! that was quite a project..good job. I'm just doing my blog visits because it's been a while..glad I stopped by, thx, june