Saturday, July 30, 2011

Love Lives HERE- Karen Taylor


I am very lucky…I live in a house built from love and respect. I am married to someone who is kind to me. Our motto is ”United We Stand”. I often get caught up in the little world I live in and realize there are so many who do not live in homes built from the strongest bond in the world….love and respect.

Even with how lucky I am it is nice to be reminded of these little things that make the world a happy place for everyone once in while….and by setting good examples and helping young couples and families find out just how important it is to have a united front and the way we choose to solve our problem we can make the world better place.

My wall hanging today is a reminder that in a HOME is where “Love Lives”

love lives here cu

For my LOVE LIVES HERE banner I started with Donna Salazar Designs by GCD Studios:

Antiquities 6x6 square - Artistic Papers Collection by Donna Salazar

I cut out one of the 6x6 squares and cut 1/4 inch off of all the sides.

kt ds july tut 2

ds sp

Spellbinders™ Paper Arts:

Grand Calibur™machine

and a Flowers Impressabilities™

 

kt ds july tut 4

Cut off outside edges

kt ds july tut 5

and then cut into smaller pieces that can be used any where on the paper to emboss.

Start with the A Base Plate on the bottom, place the cut Impressabilities template on it.  Cover with the paper where you want to emboss, facing down.  Cover it with the Tan Embossing Pad, then the B Embossing Plate.  Insert into the front of the Grand Calibur™, turn the handle and the sandwich come out the back of the machine and your paper will be embossed just in the places you wanted!! {Mine is shown flipped over so I could show you where I placed my cut Impressabilities™ templates}

I then distress the edges with Distress it All.

 0111

I used Smooch Spray by Donna Salazar on a sponge brush and brushed over the page.

z1

Next with liquid glue I brushed over the paper in random area …embossed and areas not embossed with the glue and sprinkled Donna Salazar's Fairy Dust Glitter on the card.

z2

 

z3

Next I inked the embossed areas and edges with Clearsnap ink.

zz

I then cut out Spellbinders™ Paper Arts:  Donna’s Salazar’s Rose Creations,

Creative Page Tabs and Creative Book Pages.

I inked the rose’s purple and the leaves green.

x1

x3

I added some yummy Clearsnap ink to some bare chipboard……….

x4

Layered everything together, glued on the Rose Creations, and the title, stapled on the Creative Page Tabs and added some ribbon. I used my heat gun on the ribbon to give it the girlie grunge look. A tip l learned from Donna and her Tuesday Tutorials.

x5

And finished my little banner with some rhinestones. Even girlie grunge should have sparkle!

love lives here

For my project I used the following products:

Remember to love one another….Love SHOULD live EVERYWHERE! Hugs and lots of creative wishes to you!

ds headshot

Karen Taylor http://www.creativeyearnings.blogspot

3 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Karen this is one awesome creation and how lovely to see all the steps it has taken to get to this beauty, the detail and design look superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Audrey Pettit said...

Stunning! You work absolute magic with the DSD goodies!

carol wallace said...

hi karen I am new at this contest to leave a comment on different peoples pages , every bodys work is so beyond beautiful. you are so talented,,,, WoW... could you e-mail me step by step what to do to win a prize contest ...for wantto scrap// and grafic45,, I am lost ... your work is just amazing.......... Carol Wallce carol1128@sbcglobal.net from California.... Thank you again