Friday, January 14, 2011

A Winter Card and a Award!

 

I have a Papertakes Challenge to share today that I paired with the My Mind’s Eye card challenge.

For Papertakes Weekly Challenge we were to:

“Brrr it's cold outside and Jack Frost is nipping at your toes ,,, lots of inspiration through your windows for our theme this week :-)
COLD AND FROSTY MORNING ,, so we would like to see winter scenes and /or icy colours,, so blues, whites, lilacs, greys etc. :-)”

and for My Minds Eye we were to use this wonderful sketch by the awesome Anam Stubbington.

I used Spellbinders Paper Arts dies: Big Scalloped Border GrandClassic Scalloped Borderabilities® Petite, Standard Circles LG and Create A Flake Two   . My Mind’s Eyes Papers and I held all these goodies together with Glue Dots.

Here is my take…….

papertakesmymindseyechallenges 022

with her fun sketch!

sketch

I have to thanks Darlene for this big honor!

Stylish-Blogger

Along with this I am to tell 10 things about me:

1) I was a floral designer for years.

2) I love to ride our jet ski  and my scooter in the summer…..I am missing them both.

3) I love my sweet little Yorkie Sophie Marie (she has no teeth).

4) Love the color red.

5) I have two sisters…no brothers.

6) I am going to do a warrior dash this summer!

7) I will be a grandmother for the second time in May….. it is a girl!

8 ) I have never lived anywhere but Missouri!

9) I am obsessed with numbers and

10) I can not step on a crack!! LOL can you say OCD.

Now: Drum Roll.. I nominate the following Seven blogs for this great Stylish award. These blogs are all creative people who are dedicated to there hearts desire.. and have much to share with you.
More creativity

Please visit: Heidi Blankenship for the first of my seven….the rest to follow in the next six post.

Until next time…..be creative!

3 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

love your card!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous card, Karen! It is stunning! Love everything about it.
And congrats on the blogging award. It was fun to read those little snippets about you. You made me smile about stepping on cracks.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Jill said...

Hi Karen sorry for the late reply I've tried several times to leave you a comment but blogger won't let me. I love your card the layout is fab and I love the papers you've used too thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx