Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday Bliss

 

The week is halfway done and I have so much that I have already marked off my to do list. Well at least my make believe list. I think  has been one of my problems with pr0crastration, no real list. In the past I ALWAYS had a list that I made every morning and I always was the same at the top.

1) Clean back bath

2) Make out bed

3) Vacuum our room

etc

ALWAYS starting at the back of the house moving forward. Any me time ….for my projects were always at the bottom of the list and it seems that on most days the back of the house would get clean …..and then I would lose steam.

I am a big fan of FLY LADY for any of you out there who have not heard of her and you are trying to get the clutter in your life under control…..this is the place to go!!

I have practiced for years the “ten minute boogie” as the Fly Lady calls it. It is AMAZINNG what you can do in ten minutes ….or even five. If you just spend five or ten SOLID minutes a day attacking those pesky areas of your house……or life…..you will be AMAZES at what you can do!!

I challenge you today to take ten minutes!! Come on now…..you can do it!! In those ten minutes….box those clothes that have been sitting there ready to donate….load them in your car. Go thought that stack of magazines you have been keeping for 2 years….you know those ones you KNEW you would look at again, yes those with the dust from two years on top. Go through your scrapbook supplies….all those wonderful goodies that you are NEVER going to use are just cluttering up your creativity and someone just starting will love them…give them away, sell them on Craig’s List just free your self from the clutter. You might just find after all you get done with that ten minutes that you might just add another to this afternoon.

Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Albert Einstein

Here is some eye candy:

http://www.countryliving.com/homes/house-tours/capturing-memories-mar07

White-Living-Room-Shells-Rocks-HTOURS0307-de

Peaceful-Pink-White-Dining-Room-HTOURS0307-de

Romantic-Patio-With-Curtains-HTOURS0307-de

White-Girl-Bedroom-HTOURS-0307-de

 

Collection-Of-Buttons-HTOURS-0307-de

Ten minutes….once or twice a day……Now go have a happy less cluttered wonderful Wednesday!

**Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link...this is a fantastic blog!! I love all of your helpful advice and the beautiful way it is put together.